On average we lose around 80 strands a day if you begin to shed significantly more than that or you notice they aren’t growing back, well, that’s when things start to get a bit hairy. The culprit is usually harmless and can be caused by anything from genetics to how you are styling your hair. Luckily, thinning hair is usually more of a cosmetic concern rather than a healthy one.
Hair loss can appear in many different ways, depending on what’s causing it. It can come on suddenly or gradually and affect just your scalp or your whole body. Some types of hair loss are temporary, and others are permanent. If you’ve noticed your hair seems to be on the thinner side lately, try using some of the tips below to remedy the problem.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull on the hairline
- Ditch hair tools that use high heat
- Be wary of chemical processing
- Use hair products targeted to restore hair growth
- Don’t skip the scalp massage
- Consider essential oils